Trilateral Business Forum, Friday, 27 May 2016
Blacktown Council hosted a delegation from Liaocheng to progress the economic and trade cooperation strategies following the signing of a new Memorandum of Cooperation between both cities in November 2015.
Hosted by the Mayor of Blacktown City, this unique Trilateral Business Forum was held on Friday, 27 May and included:
- A 6-person delegation led by the Deputy Mayor from Liaocheng Municipal Government. Liaocheng has 8 counties (cities, districts) and a national economic development zone. The visiting officials from Dong’e County, Linqing City and Yanggu County were made most welcome
- Five other business persons from Liaocheng who accompanied the delegation at their own expense
- Mayor, Councillors and business representatives from Liverpool Plains Shire Council, Blacktown’s Sister City partner in northern NSW
- President and Executive member of the Greater Blacktown Business Chamber
- China expert and author, Mr Leonard Yong FCPA performed the duties as master of ceremonies
The inclusion of Liverpool Plains sought to provide Liaocheng with access to the rural farming and animal and livestock components for their respective business interests.
A Business Luncheon was held in Nirimba Room with special guests the Hon. Nathan Rees, CEO Western Sydney Alliance and former Premier of NSW, and the Hon. Gary Punch, former Australian politician and Government Minister. Several local business groups also attended. Formal gift exchanges occurred during the luncheon.
The delegation inspected business enterprises during the afternoon as part of their visit.
The forum, inspections of local industries and a presentation with an agricultural focus by the Liverpool Plains Shire represents the commencement of higher level economic and trade cooperation between the groups.