Corner Richmond Road and Balmoral Road, Blacktown
Enquiries and Bookings: 9839 6000
Blacktown Showground is a 5 minute walk from Blacktown Train Station and Bus Interchange. Free parking is available.
Within the grounds you will find:
- A multi-use track for walking, jogging and cycling
- Outdoor courts perfect for netball, basketball and futsal
- Beautiful recreational facilities
- Council’s Nursery
- Large Show-ring
- A woodlands park
- Car parking
- Wetland areas
- Training facilities
- Community Garden
- Water Play
- Public toilets
- Picnic facilities
Venue Operating Times
- Summer: December to February: 7.00am to 6.30pm
- Autumn: March to May: 7.00am to 6.30pm
- Winter: June to August: 7.00am to 5.30pm
- Spring: September to October: 7.00am to 6.30pm
- Gate 1 : cnr Balmoral St & Richmond Rd closes 30 minutes prior to close time.
- Gate 2: Richmond Rd closes 30 minutes prior to close time.
For the Kids
There are three playgrounds designed to cater for all ages.
- Junior Playground for 2 – 8 year olds
Featuring a junior activity unit, swings, a rotating ball, play tables, balance beams, rubber mushrooms and more!
- Senior playground for 6 – 14 year olds
Featuring a Flying Fox, balance cable and beams, climbing units, slides and more!
- Water Play Park for all ages!
Water Play is available during Summer, Autumn and Spring. It includes a sheltered area with varying sized water troughs, a hand wheel water pump, a concrete water maze and spurts and sprays coming from all over - just perfect for the kids (and adults) on a warm, sunny day.
Water Play Park Operates:
- Summer: December to February: 9.00am to 6.30pm
- Autumn: March to May: 10am to 3.30pm
- Winter: June to August: CLOSED
- Spring: September to November: 10am to 3.30pm
Picnic in the Park
A number of picnic options are available including:
- 6 double BBQ’s which are free to use. No bookings are required, it is first in first served!
- 26 table settings, 20 are sheltered.
- If you wish to bring a rug and a picnic basket there is an extensive amount of shaded area including 4 X (6X10m) shelters, 20 (5X5m) shelters.
- Reflections Café is open Thursday to Monday, 8am – 4pm (Closed Tuesday and Wednesday). Click here for more information.
The Blacktown Showground is a multipurpose facility owned by Blacktown City Council.
The Showground is wheelchair accessible with a primary path throughout the park.