powered by  

Food Safety

All food businesses operating within the Blacktown local government area need to registered with both Council and the NSW Food Authority.

Councils food premises registration form is available in the Application Forms page on this site.

The NSW Food Authority has an online registration service which may be accessed by following the link below.

(N.B. It is possible to register with the NSW Food Authority at councils front counter, Flushcombe Rd Blacktown, should internet access not be available to you. This will however incur a service fee of $55.)

Both Council and the NSW Food Authority shall be notified of any change of ownership details by way of the abovementioned forms.

When commencing a new food business a Development Application will be required when it is necessary to install a new food preparation area or retrofit an existing area.

All works undertaken in constructing the premises must comply with the following standards and legislation.

  • Food Act 2003 and Regulations there under.
  • Australian Standard 4674-2004 Design, construction and fit-out of food premises.
  • Australian Standard 1668.2-2012 The use of ventilation and air conditioning in buildings – Ventilation design for indoor air contaminant control.


Election Information

The NSW Local Council Elections are currently scheduled for Saturday 10 September 2016.

Information about the NSW Electoral Commission or the general administration and conduct of elections can be found at

Public Exhibitions

Click here for a list of developments on public notice and items of community interest.

Have your say

Click here to see our community consultation page.

Public Notices

The latest public notices are available through this link.

Latest News