Blacktown City Council has developed a new Clean Creeks Community Grants Program to assist community organisations to improve water quality in local creeks and waterways.
If you belong to a community group, no matter how large or small, active or inactive, Council’s Clean Creeks Community Grants could be for you.
What is the funding for?
We are committed to assisting community groups to make a real difference to our environment by helping to keep our creeks clean and healthy and reducing the impact of stormwater pollution.
How much funding is available?
There will be 2 years of funding available. The total grant funding available in 2016/17 is $15,000.
Individual grants are available for community projects between $500 and $5,000 plus GST. All projects need to be completed by November 2017.
Where is the funding sourced from?
The funding has been allocated from Blacktown City Council’s Environmental Stormwater Management Program.
Objectives of the funding
The objectives of the program are to:
- increase the capacity of community organisations to deliver projects to improve water quality in creeks and waterways across Blacktown City
- provide funding to community organisations to deliver programs that educate others and prompt water quality improvement behavior to enhance waterway health and/or reduce pollution
- improve or develop partnerships between Council and members of the Blacktown City community who are champions for water
- drive a more engaged and environmentally active Blacktown City community
A key issue for every grant applicant will be engaging people. This has two components:
- engaging people in the community to partner/deliver the project
- to deliver projects that really engage their target audience, the people of Blacktown City.
The grants are open to community groups working in Blacktown City with preference given to organisations based in the Blacktown local government area. All projects must demonstrate which creek or catchment in Blacktown City your project will impact on.
Applying for a grant
Applications are expected to open in mid-November 2016. This page will be update with guidelines for applicants and an application form in the coming days. Please check back here soon.
For information about local creeks and waterways:
Need more information or assistance?
We are holding a special workshop to launch the grants program and assist community groups with developing their proposals on Tuesday 15th November in the Nirimba Room at Blacktown City Council 6pm – 9pm.Registration is essential: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/clean-creeks-community-grants-workshop-tickets-28490529942
If you would like more information about the grants program please email: email@example.com or phone Council’s Environmental Projects Officer on 9839 6055.