Calling on all gardening enthusiasts with a green thumb! It's time to showcase your flair and creativity in the Blacktown City Garden Competition.
The competition has a range of categories for both individuals and groups, and is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your gardening skills to your community.
- Best front garden
- Best back garden
- Best commercial (Retirement Village or Business)
- Best Education Facility ( )High School ( )Primary ( )Early Learning
- Best edible garden( ) Residential ( ) school ( ) Other
- Best Australian native garden
- Best Sustainable garden
- Best community garden
- Best individual residential (units/townhouse)
- Best garden by senior citizen (60 years +)
- Best themed/novel garden
- Best garden by a person/group with a disability
Judging will be conducted between 11 September and 29 September 2017 inclusive.
Each entrant will be judged on the following items:
Design; including Functional Usage, Colour, Texture, Form, Balance, Theme, Visual Appeal and Experience Factor
Construction; including use of materials, construction methods, sculptural elements and plant selection.
Maintenance; Including weeds, pest and disease, mulch and plant health and vigour.
Sustainability; Including compost, source of water, biodiversity, wildlife habitat and recycled materials.
The judge’s decision is final
Complete an online entry form by clicking OPEN FORM below from Tuesday 1 August. Applications close 5.30pm, Friday, 8 September 2017.
For more information contact: The Events and Sister Cities Team on 9839 6000 or visit www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Invitations will be sent to all entrants to attend the Awards Presentation Evening.
- All dietary requirements need to be stipulated when confirming attendance and a separate meal will ONLY be catered for the individual guest.
- Entrants are only eligible to receive a maximum of three awards, which excludes the champion garden award.
- Council employees are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Entry in a commercial category prohibits the same entry in residential or community categories.
Presenting partner Supporting partners