Blacktown City Council is proud to host its 12th International Women’s Day event in March 2017. The event provides an opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate the countless contributions made throughout the year by women within Blacktown City.
International Women’s Day (IWD) is globally celebrated each year on 8th March to commemorate women’s achievements and highlight women’s equality worldwide.
To highlight this event, nominations are now being invited for Blacktown City Woman of the Year, which recognises the outstanding achievement of women within the local community through voluntary or paid work.
How to Nominate?
If you would like to nominate a woman whose achievements you admire, please complete the official nomination form
and return it to Council.
Nominations should reflect the principles of International Women’s Day which:
- Celebrate the achievements of local women in paid or unpaid work.
- Support women’s work in promoting equality, justice, peace and social development across the community.
- Support the full participation of women in political, economic and social life.
- Promote and encourage diversity.
- Promote gender equality and the empowerment of women.
A panel of women comprising members of the community and local government representatives will consider nominations and select the Blacktown City Woman of the Year 2017.
Nominations close at 12 noon, Friday 20 January, 2017.
Completed nominations may be emailed to:
Or posted to:
Community Development Unit
Blacktown City Council
P.O. Box 63 Blacktown NSW 2148