Travelling Plant Giveaways – free plants for residents
Between August and October each year we carry out the ‘Travelling Plant Giveaway’ program at various locations across the city.
A limit of two plants per residential allotment applies at each event.
There will be 2,500 plants available at each event to residents from the Blacktown City Local Government Area, so first in first served. Residents must bring along proof of residency.
2017 Travelling Plant Giveaway dates and locations coming soon
Find out more about collecting free plants from council.
Please take note of the terms and conditions below:
Terms and Conditions of Travelling Plant Giveaway Program
- Participants must be a resident of Blacktown Local Government Area (proof of residency must be shown).
- A limit of two (2) plants per residential allotment applies.
- 2,500 plants will be available at the nominated locations to the first 1,250 residents.
- Residents must be present on the day to collect plants.
- This program is to be conducted strictly between the times designated or until all plants given away.
- The plant entitlement from this event is additional to Council’s General Community Plant Giveaway Program. Residents can still collect their annual allocation of 2 free plants from Council’s Nursery, each financial year (Kent Street, Blacktown – Tues to Fri, 9am to 3pm).
- Provision of plants for elderly or mobility impaired persons must be organised prior to the events with Council’s Natural Areas Coordinator.