Do I need approval to prune or cut down a tree on my property?
Yes under the provisions of Councils Tree Preservation Order approval is required to remove or prune any tree located on a private property.
To seek approval from Council, either pay us a visit at Councils Information Centre, or complete the Tree Removal/Pruning Application Form below and return it to Council with the appropriate fee (as per Council's Fee schedule)
Applications can only be processed after the Fee payment is received.
- 1 to 5 trees: $58.00
- 6 to 10 trees: $115.00,
- Each additional tree over 10 trees: $11.00
- Pensioners (subject to receipt of sastisfactory evidence): Free
- Urgent inspection fee (within 48 hours): $260.00
- Note: Urgent inspection fees covers 1 to 10 trees, additional trees above 10 add $11.00 per tree
- Review of refused application – 50% of original application
In person - the fee payment may be made by cash, cheque or credit card.
Paying by post
- Please attach your cheque or postal order to your application and forward to Blacktown City Council, PO Box 63 Blacktown 2148 OR
- Complete the Credit Card authority and submit with your application.
Please note: Credit Card (MasterCard and Visa only) payments can only be made:
- In person directly to Council’s cashier
- Completion of credit card authority.
Email or Faxing - Complete this Credit Card Authority, sign and submit with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I have the tree on Council land at the front of my property removed?
Contact Council's Customer Service Officers on 9839 6000 between the hours of 8.30am and 5.00pm weekdays, or, alternatively visit the Customer Service Centre on the ground floor of the Civic Centre between 8.30am and 4.30pm. An investigation of the matter will be conducted by Council staff following receipt of your request.