Spring Cleaning? Refurnishing?
Blacktown City Council provides a Household Clean-up Collection Service to all Blacktown City residents, which use the Household Garbage Collection Service.
Additional domestic waste that will not fit into your garbage bin and/or is not recyclable may be picked up through this service up to 12 times a year, there is no extra fee.
Residents are advised that bookings may take at least 4 weeks to be collected, in peak periods this time frame may be exceeded.
*Please note that there is a size restriction the equivalent of one small box trailer load per collection.
To use the service follow these 3 easy steps:
- Phone Council on 9839-6000 and ask to book a Household Clean-up Collection or book online.
- Plan for your Clean-up. Remember that the clean-up day is normally the same day as your regular garbage day.
- Place materials out, in a neat and tidy manner on your nature strip, the night before your booked collection is due. Remember not to block any footpath or driveway access.
Council cannot collect excessive amounts of waste, that is no more than one box trailer load, materials or any building, demolition waste or automotive car parts. In most cases these items may be accepted at either the Eastern Creek Waste Management Centre or the Seven Hills Waste Management Centre.
Council does not collect:
- Oil or paints
- Liquid wastes or chemicals
- Car bodies, tyres, batteries or car parts
- Asbestos containing material
- Building materials including tiles, bricks, wood or guttering
- Chicken wire, wire netting or fencing
- Concrete or cement/masonry
- Windows, mirrors, crockery or ceramics
- Bulk cardboard
- Tree trunks or stumps
- Industrial metals
- Gas cylinders