Spring Cleaning? Refurnishing?
Blacktown City Council provides a Household Clean-up Collection Service to all Blacktown City residents as part of our Household Garbage Collection Service.
Additional domestic waste that will not fit into your garbage bin and/or is not recyclable may be picked up through this service up to 12 times a year, there is no extra fee.
You may have to wait up to 4 weeks for an available collection date (PLEASE PLAN AHEAD).
*Please note that there is a size restriction to this service, the equivalent of one small box trailer load per collection.
To use the service follow these 3 easy steps:
- Phone us on 9839-6000 and ask to book a Household Clean-up Collection or book online.
- Plan for your Clean-up. Remember that the clean-up day is normally the same day as your regular garbage day.
- Place materials out, in a neat and tidy manner on your nature strip, the night before your booked collection is due. Remember not to block any footpath or driveway access.
We cannot collect excessive amounts of waste (more than one box trailer load), any building, demolition waste or automotive car parts. In most cases these items may be accepted at either the Eastern Creek Waste Management Centre or the Seven Hills Waste Management Centre 1300 651 116.
We do not collect:
- Building materials including tiles, bricks, metals, wood or guttering
- Windows, glass, mirrors, crockery or ceramics
- Oil or paints
- Liquid wastes or chemicals
- Car bodies, tyres, batteries or car parts
- Asbestos containing material
- Chicken wire, wire netting or fencing
- Concrete or cement/masonry
- Bulk cardboard
- Tree trunks or stumps
- Industrial metals
- Gas cylinders
- General garbage