Council has developed Blacktown City 2030 on behalf of the community of Blacktown City, as its long term Community Strategic Plan. This plan identifies the main priorities of our community and aspirations for the City over the next 17 years and beyond. Its directions and objectives are comprehensive and are based on principles of sustainability and social equity.
Blacktown City 2030 outlines Council’s practical approach to achieving the community’s aspirations for the City. Alongside the Strategic Directions are a set of Trigger Projects that complete the Vision for the City, ensuring that Blacktown City 2030 is delivered. A PDF version of the document is provided below.
Blacktown City 2030.pdf
The Strategic Directions and Trigger Projects have been designed to ensure that the City is in a position to make Blacktown 2030 a reality. Click here for details of the Trigger Projects.
To achieve the Vision, the way the City functions is divided into 6 Strategic Directions, each reflecting a particular theme or aspect of the City and the life and wellbeing of the community.
These 6 Strategic Directions are interdependent, reflecting the requirements for a sustainable city. The identification of these Strategic Directions allows us to target key areas and develop their potential in Blacktown City now and into the future.
- A Vibrant and Inclusive City
- A Clean and Sustainable Environment
- A Smart and Prosperous Economy
- A Growing City Supported By Infrastructure
- A Sporting and Active City
- A Leading City
The 2016/17 Operational Plan is a one year Plan that outlines the specific actions to be undertaken in order for Council to achieve the Goals identified in the Delivery Program. A PDF version of the document is provided below.
2016/17 Delivery Program and Operational Plan
The Plan has a series of measures that will be used to monitor Council's progress towards achieving Blacktown City 2030.
The Operational Plan also contains Council's Annual Budget for 2016/17 including:
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT STRATEGY
The Community Engagement Strategy which was adopted by Council in 2010, outlines the requirements for Council when engaging its community in the development of its plans, policies, facilities and services. A PDF version of the document is provided below.
Community Engagement Strategy.pdf
The Strategy contains the following five components:
- Community Engagement Policy - which describes Council's commitment to community engagement.
- Community Engagement Tool Kit - which provides a step by step guide for Council staff undertaking a community engagement process.
- Implementation Framework - which describes how the strategy will be implemented and reported to Co uncil.
- Organisational Community Engagement Processes - which describes a number of community engagement methods for Council's consideration.
- A to Z Resource Guide of Community Engagement Techniques - which are either currently used by Council or may be suitable to be used by Council staff in their community engagement work.
The Community Engagement Strategy is used by Council to guide the engagement plans which are carried out for important projects - such as the development of the Blacktown City 2030 Community Strategic Plan