weather13.3°CPossible showerforecast

powered by  

Ward 2 By-Election

A local government by-election will be held in the City of Blacktown – Ward 2 on Saturday, 8 April 2017 to elect one councillor.

Voting in Local Government elections is compulsory for all electors included on the residential roll.

To find out what Ward you're in visit:

Polling places for the Ward 2 by-election are listed here:

Enrol To Vote
Non-residential Rolls

If you are an owner, rate-paying lessee or occupier of rateable land which is not your primary residence, you or a nominee may be entitled to be enrolled on the roll of non-residential owners of rateable land or the roll of occupiers and rate-paying lessees for this election.

Details of the eligibility criteria and enrolment claim forms may be obtained from the Blacktown City Council office at 62 Flushcombe Road, Blacktown; Phone (02) 9839 6000; Fax (02) 9831 1961; or will be forwarded to you upon request to the council.

The claim must be completed and lodged with the General Manager of Blacktown City Council by 6pm Monday, 27 February 2017.

If a claim for non-residential enrolment was made for a previous election, and you wish to claim enrolment for this election, you must re-apply.

Residential Roll

All electors enrolled on the Commonwealth/State electoral roll as at 6pm Monday, 27 February 2017 residing in the City of Blacktown – Ward 2 will be included on the roll for the by-election.

To check your enrolment details or to obtain a residential enrolment form, visit Enrolment forms are also available from any Australia Post offi ce. Enrolment forms must be received by 6pm Monday, 27 February 2017.

Register as a third-party campaigner or candidate

If you intend to participate in the election as a third-party campaigner or candidate, there are strict rules you must understand and comply with before you accept political donations or incur campaign expenditure.

Register as a third-party campaigner

Before you spend more than $2,000 to promote or oppose a candidate or political party at the by-election you must register as a third-party campaigner with the NSW Electoral Commission, appoint an offi cial agent, and open a campaign account.

The last date for registration of third-party campaigners is 31 March 2017.

If you were registered as a third-party campaigner for a previous election, you must reapply to be registered for the by-election.

Register as a candidate

If you intend to contest the by-election as a candidate, you must register with the NSW Electoral Commission and appoint an offi cial agent before accepting political donations or incurring campaign expenditure.

Registering for the election is a separate process to being nominated as a candidate for the election. To be nominated for the election, and have your name included on the ballot paper, you must also complete and submit a nomination form.

The last date for registration of candidates is 8 March 2017.

If you registered as a candidate for a previous election, you must reapply tobe registered for the by-election.


Registration forms and other important nomination and electoral information are available from the NSW Electoral Commission website:

For enquiries in languages other than English call our interpreting service on 13 14 50.

For hearing and speech impaired enquiries, call us via the National Relay Service on 13 36 77


Public Exhibitions

Click here for a list of developments on public notice and items of community interest.

Public Notices

The latest public notices are available through this link.

Have your say

Click here to see our community consultation page.

Latest News