- Environmental policy and education
- State of Environment Reports
- Air, water, noise and odour quality evaluation.
- Community Immunisation
- Food premises inspection
- Climate change
- Water conservation
- Pollution investigation
- Environmental auditing and monitoring
- Waste Management and Education
Community law enforcement and waste
- Sullage Removal Service
- Septic tank effluent collection and disposal.
- Garbage collection
- Recyclables collection
- Clean-up services
- Sanitary service
- Street Cleaning
- Litter bin emptying
- Removal of dumped rubbish
- Urban animal management and education
- Animal collection
- Animal housing and re-homing
- Animal euthanasing
- Support and assistance to State Emergency and rescue service for flooding and storms, fire control, fire prevention and suppression.
Key Venues (BVM)
'State of the art' leisure facilities that offer a range of leisure, recreation, educational, cultural, social and entertainment programs and opportunities for the community including;
- Health and fitness studio
- Group fitness classes
- Swimming pools, including Western Sydney's only wave pool
- Surfees Swim School
- Function centre
Blacktown Olympic Park is a sports and leisure venue that offers the following facilities;
- Softball precinct
- Baseball fields and stadium
- Athletic field
- Soccer field
- New AFL / cricket precinct development
A connected place for ideas, imagination and inspiration.
Blacktown City Libraries will provide spaces and services to our community for;
- Recreation and enjoyment
- Lifelong learning
- Access to information
- Cultural pursuits
- To provide care for children 0-12 years through a variety of services.
- To provide social planning, community development and community facilities services.
Arts and cultural development
- The Arts and Cultural Development Unit is responsible for developing Council's Cultural Plan, and leading its implementation, including the management and programming of the Blacktown Arts Centre.
Animal holding facility coordination