A revised Community Engagement Policy and Strategy are currently on public exhibition.
Council welcomes your comments. Submissions close Thursday 22 August 2019 and will be considered in the final adoption of Council’s Community Engagement Policy, Community Engagement Strategy and Community Participation Plan at Council’s Ordinary Meeting to be held on 25 September 2019.
To have your say please go to
Blacktown City has a reputation for working with communities and stakeholders in the development of its policies, plans, facilities and services.
Our communities are involved in many ways – from formal responses to our plans on exhibition, participating in advisory committees to help us shape policies, design new facilities or providing customer feedback about our services.
At Blacktown City we engage with our community in many ways in line with our Community Engagement Strategy, which was adopted in 2010.
The Community Engagement Strategy, outlines the requirements for Council when engaging its community in the development of its plans, policies, facilities and services.
The strategy contains the following 5 components:
- Community Engagement Policy - which describes Council's commitment to community engagement.
- Community Engagement Tool Kit - which provides a step by step guide for Council staff undertaking a community engagement process.
- Implementation Framework - which describes how the strategy will be implemented and reported to Co uncil.
- Organisational Community Engagement Processes - which describes a number of community engagement methods for Council's consideration.
- A to Z Resource Guide of Community Engagement Techniques - which are either currently used by Council or may be suitable to be used by Council staff in their community engagement work.
We use the Community Engagement Strategy to guide the engagement plans which are carried out for important projects - such as the development of the Blacktown City 2030 Community Strategic Plan.