2017 Blacktown City Garden Competition
For more information contact our Events and Sister Cities Team on 9839 6000.
The competition has a range of categories for both individuals and groups, and is a fantastic opportunity to showcase your gardening skills to your community.
Best front garden
Best back garden
Best commercial (Retirement Village or Business)
Best education Facility (High School, Primary, Early Learning)
Best edible garden(Residential, school, Other)
Best Australian native garden
Best sustainable garden
Best community garden
Best individual residential (units/townhouse)
Best garden by senior citizen (60 years +)
Best themed/novel garden
Best garden by a person/group with a disability
Preliminary judging will be conducted between 11 September and 29 September 2017 inclusive.
Final Round Judging between 4 October and 6 October 2017.
Each entrant will be judged on the following items:
- Design; including Functional Usage, Colour, Texture, Form, Balance, Theme, Visual Appeal and Experience Factor
- Construction; including use of materials, construction methods, sculptural elements and plant selection.
- Maintenance; Including weeds, pest and disease, mulch and plant health and vigour.
- Sustainability; Including compost, source of water, biodiversity, wildlife habitat and recycled materials.
The judge’s decision is final.
Terms and conditions
- Invitations will be sent to all entrants to attend the Awards Presentation Evening.
- All dietary requirements need to be stipulated when confirming attendance and a separate meal will ONLY be catered for the individual guest.
- Entrants are only eligible to receive a maximum of three awards, which excludes the champion garden award.
- Council employees are not eligible to enter this competition.
- Entry in a commercial category prohibits the same entry in residential or community categories.
Presenting partner Supporting partners