International Women's Day
International Women’s Day (IWD) is globally celebrated each year on 8 March to commemorate women’s achievements and highlight women’s equality worldwide.
To highlight this event, we award Blacktown City's Woman of the Year at a special event during March.
The Award recognises the outstanding achievement of women within the local community through voluntary or paid work.
A panel of women comprising members of the community and local government representatives will consider nominations and select the Blacktown City Woman of the Year 2018.
Nominations should reflect the principles of International Women’s Day which:
- Celebrate the achievements of local women in paid or unpaid work.
- Support women’s work in promoting equality, justice, peace and social development across the community.
- Support the full participation of women in political, economic and social life.
- Promote and encourage diversity.
- Promote gender equality and the empowerment of women.