Are you proud of your local park? Do you think it needs a little more love? Want to meet like-minded people?
Adopt a Park is a trial program encouraging community members to volunteer at their favourite park to achieve cleaner, greener parks and increase community pride. Individuals, families, groups, clubs or businesses can participate in litter reduction, park beautification and community education activities.
Pledge your support to a park by attending a number of scheduled on-site sessions held throughout the year. We will provide the materials and assistance you need to adopt your nominated park, including:
- Supervision of sessions
- Materials like mulch, rubbish bags, pick-up pincers, fluorescent vests, gloves
- Educational material such as display posters and pamphlets, dog poo bags, litter bags
- Support and promotion of mini events
- A commitment to Work Health and Safety.
Groups currently meeting and accepting volunteers are at:
- The Ponds cluster: Lakes Edge Park, Plaza Park, Waterfall Park
and Ridgeline Park
- Plumpton Park, Plumpton
- Lake Woodcroft Reserve, Woodcroft
- Pat Zikan Reserve, Blacktown
- RAAF Park, Mt Druitt
Visit our events section for upcoming session dates and times.
- Contact Council’s Adopt a Park Officer on 9839 6000 to discuss the program and activities you would like to participate in.
- To register your interest in the program, complete the Volunteer Registration form
- Encourage others to join. Note: a minimum of 3 adults per group is required. If we do not receive 3 registrations for a nominated park, your registration will be put on a ‘waiting list’.
- Attend a welcome session where you will receive your Adopt a Park Starter Kit, containing the Volunteer Role Description and participate in a safety induction.
- Participate in your first session.
- YOUR PARK IS ADOPTED!
This is a NSW EPA Waste Less, Recycle More initiative funded from the waste levy.