Plastic free for you and me! Photo competition
Plastic free July is just around the corner! Are you willing to take up the challenge this year?
According to Clean Up Australia, approximately 130,000 tonnes of plastic from Australia washes into stormwater drains and enters our waterways and oceans every year.
We want to see your most creative plastic free idea! How can we reduce the amount of single use plastic waste generated and protect our waterways?
You can enter in 1 of 3 categories – community, business or school. Each category winner will receive a hamper of plastic free solution worth up to $500 in value! In the community category, there will be a first, second and third prize winner.
To enter, fill out your details in the link below and attach a photo of your plastic free idea.
Terms and conditions:
Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions:
- Entry is only open to Blacktown City residents, businesses and schools
- There must be at least 5 entries in a category for the competition to proceed for that category.
- You must own the photo. By submitting an entry, you give Blacktown City Council permission to use your image in Council marketing, communications and social media.
- All valid entries will go through a check process. If your photo is deemed inappropriate, your entry will be disqualified from the competition.
- The winning photo will be selected by a panel of Blacktown City Council judges using the following criteria:
- level of creativity
- amount of plastic that could potentially be reduced by using the method illustrated by the photo
- The competition will start 15 June 2021 and end midnight at midnight 31 July 2021
- Winners will be announced on Facebook on 20 August 2021 and they will be contacted to redeem their prize.
- Photos must be at least 2MB in size to ensure clarity.