The draft Blacktown Local Strategic Planning Statement (LSPS) provides context and direction for land use decision making in Blacktown City for the next 20 years by outlining how future growth and change will be managed.
The draft Blacktown LSPS:
- sets a 20-year land use vision and structure plan for our City
- outlines the characteristics that make our community unique
- directs how future growth and change will be managed
- informs changes to the Blacktown Local Environmental Plan 2015 and Development Control Plan 2015 and to other plans that affect our City
- identifies where further detailed strategic planning may be needed.
The draft Blacktown LSPS includes priorities and actions to support the vision for our City and to guide development, balancing the need for housing, jobs and services with the natural environment.
The draft Blacktown LSPS builds on the framework established under the Blacktown Community Strategic Plan, Our Blacktown 2036. It gives effect to the NSW Government's Greater Sydney Region Plan and Central District Plan.
After the exhibition period finishes, we will consider all written submissions before reporting to Council to endorse the final LSPS. Following Council's endorsement, we will seek the support of the Greater Sydney Commission. The Blacktown Local Strategic Planning Statement is required to be made by 31 March 2020.