A Bush Fire Risk Management Plan (BFRMP) is a comprehensive planning document that maps and describes the level of bush fire risk across an area and the proposed treatments to minimise and mitigate the risk.
The plan identifies bush fire issues, identifies assets at risk, assesses the level of risk, and establishes treatment strategies to minimise the risk and who is responsible for carrying out the treatments identified. These treatment strategies may directly affect you and your property.
The Cumberland BFRMP, has recently been reviewed. The Cumberland Bush Fire Management Committee invites and encourages the people of Blacktown, Fairfield and Penrith Local Government Areas to view the Draft Bush Fire Risk Management Plan and make comments by 5pm on Friday 11 October 2019.
“This is an important planning document that aims to protect our community and assets” said Group Captain Glen McCartney, Acting Chairperson of the Cumberland BFMC. “Everyone should take the opportunity to have a look at the plan to ensure that their views are addressed.”
The Draft BFRMP is on display at the following locations:
• NSW Rural Fire Service Fire Control Centre: 8-12 Jeanette Street Regentville NSW 2745
• Fire + Rescue Zone Office: Level 1, 42 Huntingwood Drive, Huntingwood NSW 2148
• Blacktown City Council Administration Centre: 62 Flushcombe Road, Blacktown 2148
• Fairfield City Council Administration Centre: 86 Avoca Road, Wakely NSW 2176
• Penrith City Council Civic Centre: 601 High Street Penrith NSW 2750
• Western Sydney Parklands Ranger Stations
Written submissions on the Draft BFRMP can be sent to The BFMC Executive Officer by email on email@example.com or by post to 8-12 Jeanette Street, Regentville NSW 2745 by 5pm on Friday 11 October 2019. For further enquires, contact District Officer Tony Gray on (02) 4734 7777.