International Women’s Day is celebrated globally each year on 8 March to commemorate women’s achievements and highlight women’s equality worldwide.
To highlight this event, we award Blacktown City's Woman of the Year at a special event in March. The award recognises the outstanding achievement of women within the local community through voluntary or paid work.
Nominations are now open and will close noon, Wednesday 22 January 2020.
A woman aged 16 years and over who is currently living or working in the Blacktown local government area. A woman who has:
consistently demonstrated exceptional and progressive leadership
mentored and inspired other women
demonstrated leadership, innovation and creativity.
Note: Self nominations will not be considered
1. Nominees must live or work in the Blacktown City local government area.
2. Nominees must be aged 16 years and over.
3. All nominees must give approval to be nominated.
4. Finalists may be required to attend an interview with an independent panel as part of the selection process.
5. Staff and Councillors of Blacktown City Council are not eligible for nomination for Blacktown City Woman of the Year.
6. Nominations must be received by noon, Wednesday 22 January 2020.
7. For more information please phone 9839 5947 or email.
A panel of women from the Women's Advisory Committee, including members of the community and local government representatives will consider nominations and select the Blacktown City Woman of the Year 2020.