Other approvals you need

If your proposal includes building or construction work, you'll need to obtain a Construction Certificate.

If you have a development consent, you need a construction certificate before you can start building work.

A construction certificate confirms building plans comply with the BCA, are 'not inconsistent' with the development consent, and comply with relevant conditions of the development consent.

A construction certificate must be obtained before building work commences.

A copy of our Construction Certificate application form can be downloaded in the related information section below. 

Without a valid construction certificate, you cannot obtain an occupation certificate at the completion of building work.

Other approvals

You may also be required to obtain other approvals such as road opening, engineering works or driveway approvals.