Access to our information

We provides access to information in accordance with the Government Information (Public Access) Act (GIPA) 2009. The GIPA Act aims to make a wide variety of our information available to all sectors of the community unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure. This access to information includes our policies, financial reports, public registers and documents relating to our decisions. 

Most requests for information can be satisfied on an Informal basis. If you are seeking information on a property, including development applications or any other information that does not require a formal access request, please use the below Informal Application to access information form.

Applications are processed within 20 working days. We do not charge an application fee for informal requests, however we may charge processing fees for search time, photocopying and written responses. Please refer to our Goods and Services Pricing Schedule.

A formal application to access information will be required if you are seeking information that may be commercially or legally sensitive, personal information or information that is restricted due to security concerns.

Formal access requests will be processed and determined by our Right to Information Officer and a response will be provided within twenty working days in accordance with legislation. We may also extend the decision time by up to 15 working days where consultation with a third party is required or we need to retrieve an archived record.

To make a formal access request please use the below Formal Application to access information form. An application fee of $30 is payable with your application. You may also be asked to pay a charge for processing the application which will be discussed with you.  

If you are unsure whether the information you seek will need a formal request, contact our Governance Services section on 9839 6000.

Please note if you are seeking information to contact a neighbour about a dividing fence and/or serve a notice under Section 21 of the Dividing Fences Act 1991, please use the below Application for adjoining owner details form.

You can find out more about your right to information on the Information and Privacy Commission NSW website.