Australia’s first Diwali Lights Competition will be held this October. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to get involved.
Cash prizes are available for the best decorated properties across the city.
Entries are now open! To nominate your property, please fill out the entry form below. Be quick as nominations close Friday, 13 October at 5 pm.
Judging criteria will be based on the overall appeal of the decorations displayed on the outside of your property.
Judging and photographing will occur from Monday, 16 October to Sunday, 22 October from 8 pm to 11 pm.
Should you have any questions, please contact our Community Events Team on 9839 6000.
Proudly supported by Indian Link Media Group.
Click here to view form.
1. This competition is available to residents of the Blacktown Local Government Area only.
2. Judging will be conducted from Monday 16 October to Sunday 22 October from 8 pm until 11 pm. Entrants must ensure to have their display ready to be judged.
3. Judging is conducted through points awarded for the overall presentation of the property. The prizes for this competition will be awarded on the basis of the score given. Traditional Christmas ornaments or themes ie Santa Claus, will not be considered.
4. Each property will be judged on the external decorations only. No internal decorations permitted.
5. The judges’ decision shall be final and no further correspondence shall be considered.
6. Entrants agree to have their names and address disclosed for judging and publicity purposes.
7. Entrants agree to have their property photographed for judging and publicity purposes.
8. Entrants accept responsibility for the safety of their property with issues pertaining but not limited to: electricity, pedestrians, equipment, decorations, damage and insurance. Entrants must consider the impact of their display in relation to safety and security of their property, vehicular and pedestrian traffic and must plan to ensure that any risks are minimised. The security of all aspects of the display is the sole responsibility of the entrant.
9. Blacktown City Council and sponsors of this competition will accept no liability for any consequences such as damage, injury or theft arising out of entry to the competition or prizes accepted by entrants.
10. Charity collection boxes are prohibited unless a letter of authority from a registered charity is obtained and prominently displayed. Collections for personal gain of the entrant are strictly prohibited and will lead to disqualification from the competition.
11. Entrants are not to use the footpath, electrical poles or any property outside their boundary for any purpose of their display. Rental properties should seek written permission from their landlords before considering their display.
12. Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions of Entry may lead to cancellation of entry and withdrawal of prizes.
13. Competition winners will be announced through social media and newspapers the week of 23 October. Awards will be presented at the Council meeting held on the Wednesday 22 November 2017.