Stay connected to stay safe!
Blacktown City Council supports our community to become more resilient to ongoing stresses, like increased summer heat and to potential emergencies or disasters.
An easy way to start is the Get Prepared app, co-created by Australian Red Cross and general insurer IAG. Get Prepared is free, and easy to use to help you prepare for any type of emergency.
It helps you connect with your key support people, accomplish tasks to make you and your loved ones safer, and protect the things that matter most to you.
- establish a quick and easy network of support with your key contacts
- review the risks relevant to where you live
- create checklists of actions to make an emergency plan
- save the emergency plan as a PDF, to be printed and shared with others.
Blacktown City Council is a member of Resilient Sydney, collaborating to help make Sydney a more connected, inclusive and resilient city. The Resilient Sydney Strategy outlines how councils, business, government, academia, communities and individuals are working together to achieve this.
- for a free BBQ, free entertainment and children’s activities
- to meet our local emergency services and community groups
- to learn how to protect yourself, friends and family in an emergency.