How many items can I borrow and for how long?
You can borrow up to 35 items per library card, though there are limits on some materials. See below:
- 15 DVDs
- 15 Premiers Reading Challenge
- 10 Magazines
- 5 Language kits
These items can be loaned for a period of 3 weeks.
In addition to the 35 items, you can also borrow a wide range of eBooks, eAudiobooks and electronic magazines.
How do I sign in to my library account?
Sign in to your library account using your library card number and PIN/password (remember, your PIN/password is case sensitive).
If you are still having trouble please contact the library and we will assist you to recover your account.
How do I access BorrowBox and/or Libby?
All you need is a valid library card and your PIN!
Check out this useful guide(JPG, 351KB) to get started with BorrowBox or follow this guide to get started with Libby.
Visit our eLibrary page for more e-books, e-audiobooks and digital magazines.
Does the Library have a Justice of the Peace (JP) Service?
Yes, the services of a volunteer Justice of the Peace are available at some of our library locations:
- Max Webber Library, Blacktown
- Dennis Johnson Library, Stanhope Gardens
- Our Library @ The Mount Druitt Hub
- Riverstone Library
Please call ahead so staff can confirm the availability of this service before attending.
Please note, the volunteer JP on duty is not replaced if they are sick or leave early.
Visit this webpage for more information https://www.blacktown.nsw.gov.au/Services/Justice-of-the-Peace-services
How do I renew my items?
Watch this video demonstration on how to renew your items online.
If the library items are not overdue or reserved for another library member, items can be renewed over the phone, in person or online.
Renewed items provide you with an additional 3 weeks from the current date.
How do I reserve a library item?
Watch this demonstrative video of how to reserve library items or simply follow the below steps:
1. Use your library card number and PIN/password to sign in to the library catalogue.
2. Search for the item of your choice and click on the title to view the full item record
3. Click 'Place Reservation' and complete the form, including your preferred location from which to collect the item.
4. Collect - you will be notified when the item is available for collection. If requested items are not collected within 10 days of being allocated to you, they will be returned to the shelves for other members to borrow.