All items can be loaned for a period of 3 weeks.
Renewals can be made by phone, in person, or online by signing in to your library account. When an item is renewed the date due is set for 3 weeks from the current date. Some special items, and items reserved by other library members, can not be renewed.
Watch this video demonstration on how to renew your items online.
Reserving items online is easy at Blacktown City Libraries. Watch this video demonstration or follow the instructions below.
1. Sign in
You can reserve items in the collection if they are currently on loan, or if they are held at another Blacktown City Libraries location. Use your library card number and PIN/password to sign in to the library catalogue.
Search for the item of your choice and click on the title to view the full item record
Click 'Place Reservation' and complete the form, including your preferred location from which to collect the item.
You will be notified when the item is available for collection. If requested items are not collected within 10 days of being allocated to you, they will be returned to the shelves for other members to borrow.
1. Service conditions
It may be possible to obtain material not held by Blacktown City Libraries through the Inter-Library Resources Sharing Scheme. The following restrictions and conditions apply:
- Loans are for a period of 2 weeks and renewals are at the discretion of the lending library.
- The library is unable to fulfill inter-library loan requests for recently published items. Please consider placing a purchase suggestion.
- Only those holding full membership are eligible for the inter-library loan service.
- Audiovisual material is not commonly available on inter-library loan.
Check the library catalogue to confirm that the item is not held in the collection.
Place the request online or contact us at any Blacktown City Libraries location.
All inter-library loan requests incur a non-refundable charge of $3.20, payable at the time of making the request.
An additional minimum charge of $16.50 may apply for items held by University, TAFE and special libraries. The Inter-Library Loans Officer will advise you in the event that this additional charge may apply.
The Inter-Library Loans Officer will be notified of your request and will perform the following actions:
- Verify the details of the item.
- Identify libraries that hold the item and place a request to borrow the item on your behalf.
- Contact you if there are any problems with your request or if the item is not obtainable.
You will be notified when the item is awaiting collection. Requests for inter-library loans take approximately 2-4 weeks to be fulfilled.
Suggest a purchase
Search the library catalogue to confirm that your suggested item is not already held in the collection
You can suggest items for purchase by signing in to your library account with your library card number and PIN/password, or by contacting any of the Blacktown City Libraries locations.