It may be possible to obtain material not held by Blacktown City Libraries through the Inter-Library Resources Sharing Scheme. The following restrictions and conditions apply:
- Loans are for a period of 2 weeks and renewals are at the discretion of the lending library.
- The library is unable to fulfill inter-library loan requests for recently published items. Please consider placing a purchase suggestion.
- Only those holding full membership are eligible for the inter-library loan service.
- Audiovisual material is not commonly available on inter-library loan.
Check the library catalogue to confirm that the item is not held in the collection.
Place the request online or contact us at any Blacktown City Libraries location.
All inter-library loan requests incur a non-refundable charge of $3.20, payable at the time of making the request.
An additional minimum charge of $16.50 may apply for items held by University, TAFE and special libraries. The Inter-Library Loans Officer will advise you in the event that this additional charge may apply.
The Inter-Library Loans Officer will be notified of your request and will perform the following actions:
- verify the details of the item
- identify libraries that hold the item and place a request to borrow the item on your behalf
- contact you if there are any problems with your request or if the item is not obtainable
You will be notified when the item is awaiting collection. Requests for inter-library loans take approximately 2-4 weeks to be fulfilled.